Monday, January 10, 2011

#2 - Races for 2011

So after two 50m distance in 2010, the only logical thing is try a 100m or something in between. Not many "in between" races in Ontario except for 24hrs or maybe trying the CDR 125k at Grande Cache, which I think runs much longer than 125k (I will try this one out, maybe next year). On a side note and also I'm getting way ahead of myself here but I've read about the Transgrancaria race several times now (CDR type mountain race) and I may try this one out next year once I get some mountain training in this year.

Anyways, I figured a great 100m race could be Sulphur, however not sure I'm ready for it yet so planning on maybe waiting until Haliburton again for the big race of year I guess. In any case I might just try Sulphur 100m anyway, hoping not to be in too much pain for the rest of year. Coming from a background of mountains (back home) I also want to try out some mountain races this year, so I'm thinking of Mount Tremblant 58k and also looks like it would be a great place to be with the family.

I'm basically doubling all my distances this year on the races. At the moment Seaton 52k as always will be the first one of the year, PYP 50k coming in May always a pretty good test (expecting rain again?), Sulphur (50m for now), XC Mount Tremblant 58k, Creemore 50k, Limberlost 56k (my toughest race last year and I only did 28k, will see how it goes), Dirty Girls 12hr (perfect that is during the night now, great training), Iroquia (is there is one I'll run it, but not sure), Haliburton 100m (already scared of the night portion). If I'm able I will add Vulture

So thats it, I may throw in a race here and there to help with the training (marathon or other in nearby US states). I've been interested in the Bear Mountain race (North Face series) in May so its either PYP or Bear. Will see how expensive the trip gets.

Oh yeah now comes the training part...

No comments:

Post a Comment