Apart from that change in plan all the other races will still be in place, and I'll have the chance to go down to Ohio to run a couple of training runs on the race course as well during May-July. Unfortunately I will not be able to do the Dirty Girls race b/c its a week after and I doubt I will be in any condition to race at that point. Haliburton is my wildcard and I may be inclined to do 50M or 100M depending on how my body holds up by then.
My long runs now are around the 2:30hr, not much, but always tough b/c of the snow and cold weather. I can't really go out for more than that until if warms up a bit. In terms of weekly kms of training I've made the decision not to up them too much when compared to my 50M training. My weekly average range was anywhere from 60km-80km for the 50M training schedule and I'm hoping to put in anywhere between 80km-100km for the 100M race. I see a lot of people talking about 100M training weeks and for me it’s impossible, at least for now. Kids, wife, work and body fatigue will eventually get to me. On my 50M training schedule I felt great and finished with more on the tank. I figure that this year I have a better base than last year and the extra 20km/week will give me the extra energy to finish the race. I guess only time will tell, but I've read many facts about people running much less than 100M/week in order to finish. My goal is to run it in less than 24hr (1st 50k 5-6hrs + 2nd 50k 6-7hrs + 3rd 50k 7-8hrs + last 10k 2hrs = 20-23hrs, that gives me some extra time as well). Looking back at the Haliburton 50M my first 50k where about ~5:15 and they were tough wet trails, my last 30k where in 4hrs. I doubt the trail conditions for
On a totally different note, during the last weeks of training I've seen some beautiful settings and trails through the
No comments:
Post a Comment