Saturday, March 30, 2013

#36 - Coming Around the Corner

I've started to feel somewhat healthy again (fingers crossed) and I've also started to put some long runs in. I guess I need them because I have a tough race in 4 weeks. I can't believe the season is just around the corner and I'm still thinking I'm not ready. Oh well, I'm never ready even when I know I am, but in this case I'm not. I have changed some of the racing schedule, and I'm very nervous about the Hyner challenge. Its almost 5k feet of elevation per 25k! What did I get into?... and its just a week before Zane. That tells me to not open any emails that Chris sends, period!

 
Hyner 50k - 20/4
 
Zane Grey 50M 27/4

Sulphur 50M 25/5 Cayuga 50M 8/6

Limberlost 56k 13/7 Ultimate XC 58k 29/6

Burning River 100M 27/7

August/September ?

Pinhoti 100M 2/11
 
 
The latest bug I had was a bad case of strep throat which needed antibiotics since I could even drink water without pain. Its now getting ridiculous, I've been with something since October of last year. On this last one, I managed to run through it all but its no fun running with pain in your throat with cold weather and specially on antibiotics. Antibiotics make you felt shitty and without much energy  and the treatment lasted for 10 days. I finished earlier this week and I'm already starting to feel more energy.
 
The weather is changing and I can't wait to start running with shorts again, and being warm, and getting dehydrated! Nothing like spring to keep you energized and wanting to go for a run.

2 comments:

  1. I know you dont want to open them but the temptation will be just to much to resist.

    Hyner is going to be fun. I will be slow as I am just coming back from injury as well but it will still be fun.

    Might do Cayuga, will decided by early May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you're feeling better. Did I read correctly? Burning River? I don't know if I can face that kind of heat ever again.

    Have fun at Hyner. Not that you guys will be doing much running...

    ReplyDelete