Thursday, January 24, 2013

#35 - 2013 Thoughts


It has been a while since I've posted but I’m still alive I suppose. The last 3 months, starting mid-October, have been the worst stretch of injury/sickness I’ve had in the past 3 years. It all started when I was pushing to get ready for Pinhoti 100M and all of the sudden I started with an ITB issue which lasted until mid-December. And just as I was starting to feel somewhat ok, I got the flu over the holidays for 2 more weeks but it has lingered until just recently. The bright side is that I have no injuries going into the new year, but I haven’t run much over the last 90 days so its going to be hard to get those long runs in when its cold and it has been really cold lately.
WS100 lottery came and went for me unfortunately; I can’t say I’m not jealous for Morgan getting in though (Morgan: congratulations and I really hope you crush it). I also tried to apply for Wasatch but with all troubles I had in the past 90 days the date slipped and I didn’t get my app in, sonext year for sure!
So here I am trying to figure out what I’m doing this year. I’ve come up with a tentative schedule as per below:

Zane Grey 50M                                 27/4

Sulphur 50M                                      25/5

Limberlost 56k                                   13/7

Burning River 100M                         27/7 (going back for redemption!)

Haliburton/Virgil/Other?                 Between August/September

Pinhoti 100M                                     2/11

 
We’ll see how the season progresses and things may change. I need to have something to shoot for so I can get out and start training. Out of the gate Zane Grey will really test me, it’s considered the hardest 50M in the USA and it has a bit of altitude. I’ve been itching to go back to Cleveland’s humidifier to have some sort of redemption, so I’ll try my luck at Burning River again. To finish the year I’ll give Pinhoti a try again, since I had to pull out 1 week b/f the race.

Best of luck in 2013 to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment