Well, I thought I had recovered well enough after Haliburton but after a few days I noticed that my right leg/ankle was not healing as quickly. I never felt any specific pain during the race but when the body returns to some sort of normality there is usually something. After roughly two weeks I had only run about 20km and of those 14km came in last weekend.
The pain starts at the top front of the ankle and extends to the half of my calf. I've never had this pain before but I've heard of shin splits, so I decided to read about it. I'm almost certain that is what I have and its really a pain the ass. I feel great physically but I just cant run for too long before I have a sharp pain. Just recently the pain has subsided into somewhat of a nuisance.
Well see if I can make Vulture in London next month. Apart from that all else has been great and the break has been good for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment