Not sure if it was b/c I drove all night or that I only had about 2-3hr of quasi-sleep in the car or maybe it was the fact that I didn't have breakfast but the training run was not easy, not a killer but tough. The local guys were great, very friendly and helpful, not a dull moment during the run. Everyone started together but about 12km in we started to separate into different groups and the pace for my group was ~10min/mile plus some water stops along the way for a total time of 4hrs.
I should be past this segment b/f night hits on my BR100 run which is good. Lots of up and down, roots & rocks, with steep hills and stairs as well as long steady inclines, and yes lots of fast steep downhills. Several water/creek crossings which shouldn't be an issue in July but lots of mud from past rains. Some single track but not too much. One of the toughest things on this section was the horse tracks on the dried mud; you could easily break an ankle or at the very least twist one. All in all I'm glad I drove down, met some great people and ran some cool trails. I tell you this, if you are near
No comments:
Post a Comment