Wednesday, February 5, 2014

#42 - Motivation and Potential Racing Calendar

Wow, ten years in Canada and this has been the hardest winter of all by far. It has been either cold, wet, icy, windy, snowed out or a combo. Incredible really. Maybe I've become weak but it has been so hard lately to go out for longer runs on the weekend. I've been reduced to a lot of gym time on the treadmill during the week but on the weekends I go out no matter what so I'm just cutting the runs short or running close to home. Still, it has been hard to motivate myself. I'm now using a bit of music to run on my longer runs to motivate myself and it seems to help quite a bit. I turn it off/on when I need it and it usually helps me run longer and happier.

I'm still taking it really slow with my PF and still feeling a little discomfort on my heel every now and them. Don't want to ever go back to where I was last year, barely able to walk. I'm up to 6hrs/week of running or about mid 60km/week and feeling like I'm getting stronger as the weeks go by. I'm also doing 1 day week of spinning and taking one day completely off. Planning to get to ~80km/week by March or early April which should be just in time for the running season. Fingers crossed!

Talking about the running season below my potential races:

April 26 - PYP 50km - Confirmed
May 10 - Seaton 50km - TBD
May 24 - Jemez 50m - Confirmed
July 12 - North Face Blue Mountain - TBD
August 2 - Burning River 100m - TBD still trying to get back to this one after DNF'g 2yrs ago


I put my name in for Wasatch 100 but didn't get picked, damn it! I won't do all the ones above, so depending how I feel after Jemez I might make some changes and add others.

Lets hope for an early and hot spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment