Monday, October 1, 2012

#33 - A Small Update

So I have decided to run the Pinhoti 100M race in early November. Not sure how I will do because I have not felt "great" yet. I've had some good runs in the past couple of weeks, but it took me forever to recover from Leadville. My god, that race destroyed me physically for sure but mentally it crushed me. It has me second guessing everything I did for the past 10 months. Oh well, more learning on this wonderful world of endurance running....

I've change two things since Leadville. One, I'm running 5 days a week. Two, on my days off on Monday I'm doing Yoga and on Fridays I'm doing spinning. I'm hopeful that by taking 2 days off instead of one, my legs will have a bit more zip to run and yoga should give me a bit stretching and core strength while spinning will help with the legs.

This past weekend I ran short trail run called Chase the Coyote (14.4k or something like that) in Mono Cliffs Provincial Park, and as with all these short fast races the first 5km where horrendous. The breathing was hard and the lactic acid was unbelievable. After a while I was able to start breathing again and the last ~10km I started to feel much better and finished feeling strong in about ~1:09hr. I love this park, every year for the last 5 years I've gone there to take pictures with the family in the fall. I guess from now it will be to race and take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment