Monday, August 13, 2012

#31 - Leadville 100M getting really close

As always, there is sense I din't do enough or maybe even too much. There is a weird feeling of not being prepared and feeling drained on a daily basis. The mind plays tricks on you and you start second guessing almost every decision made during the year. It's been a long time since I signed up for this race and a lot of time (and money!) has been invested. There is also a sense finality, I mean the race of the year is here. It can go great or it can shitty. Who knows, so no sense in worrying now I suppose but I can't help in thinking about it. I want to sleep and eat well before Saturday, and I know that is what I can do best now. The problem is that sleep is hard to come by and I always end up dreaming about the race at some point.

This is exactly why I love this sport. There is so much that you can do to prepare and even when you prepare perfectly the body might not want to run 100m. Even the best athletes can have a shit day, I just hope its not me this Saturday. The unknown is such a beautiful thing. The course has to be stunning. I just want to smile and enjoy the whole thing, the high points and the most of all the low points. I know I can run 50m at altitude, now its just a matter of turning back and doing it again. Easy enough. This will be toughest test I've personally been through physically, but as everyone knows 100m races are not not finished solely on physical strength. Stubbornness is a great asset for 100m races, and my wife thinks I have a lot of that.

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only chance you have."

Good luck to everyone at Leadville.

1 comment: